Crispy Onion and Roasted Vegetable Nourish Bowl
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 20 minutes.
90g Scotts original crispy onions
For the roasted vegetables
1 aubergine, cut in half longways and chopped into large chunks
2 courgettes, cut in half longways and chopped into large chunks
1 red pepper, cut in half, seeds removed and chopped
1 yellow pepper, cut in half, seeds removed and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Freshly milled sea salt and pepper
For the nourish bowl
1 romaine lettuce, washed, trimmed, cut in half and shredded
200g vine cherry tomatoes
60g pitted black olives
1/2 cucumber cut into ribbons or chunks
50g radishes, trimmed and chopped (optional)
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (optional)
4 tablespoons balsamic dressing
2 tablespoons grated pecorino
• Heat the oven 200°C (Fan 200°C) Gas mark 6
• In a large bowl, mix prepared vegetables, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper together.
• Tip the vegetables onto a large tray and roast in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally until the vegetables are tender.
For the salad bowl
• Arrange lettuce into serving bowls with tomatoes, olives, cucumber and radish.
• Top with warm roasted vegetables and their roasting juices, Scotts original crispy onions. Drizzle with balsamic dressing and sprinkle with grated pecorino and seeds before serving.
Sydney B Scott & Sons
96 Moneybrannon Road
An MCC Site